How to refresh the Taskbar manually in Windows 10

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've just started using disk encryption on the drive holding my data. This is NOT the drive containing the Windows 10 install and used for booting the computer. However, I have moved a lot of my Windows configuration (desktop, pictures, videos, etc.) o the encrypted drive.

When I start windows, I have to manually mount the encrypted drive (this is for security and the way I want it). After it's mounted, the desktop refreshes OK and I can see my desktop icons again. However, the Windows Taskbar never refreshes. Any applications/folders I had pinned to the Taskbar are gone and I can't figure out a way to get them back. 'm assuming my preferences for what's on the Taskbar are still there somewhere so I'm thinking if I can force the Taskbar to refresh they'd show up? Any thoughts? I

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I've just started using disk encryption on the drive holding my data. This is NOT the drive containing the Windows 10 install and used for booting the computer. However, I have moved a lot of my Windows configuration (desktop, pictures, videos, etc.) o the encrypted drive.

When I start windows, I have to manually mount the encrypted drive (this is for security and the way I want it). After it's mounted, the desktop refreshes OK and I can see my desktop icons again. However, the Windows Taskbar never refreshes. Any applications/folders I had pinned to the Taskbar are gone and I can't figure out a way to get them back. 'm assuming my preferences for what's on the Taskbar are still there somewhere so I'm thinking if I can force the Taskbar to refresh they'd show up? Any thoughts? I

, What happens when unlock the taskbar and resize / move it around?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos