How to report apps that do not work, but are still for sale?

Peter M Austin

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

For the past few months, I have had issues with Venetasoft's apps, "Video Upload to Instagram" (?1.49), MovieMaker+ (?1.49 "upload to instagram unlock") and "istagraph" (?0.79).

The problem is - While they used to be the best instagram upload apps, they now do not work to upload to instagram as advertised.

After contacting the developers, I was told that this was because instagram had changed their upload protocol, and it would take a few days to fix. They are aware of and have acknowledged the issues.

That was over a month ago. Lately, they told me that I could have a refund if I provided them with a receipt for the purchases (I don't have receipts - They were bought through the store!!!) and a Paypal address.

6tag, the only alternative instagram video service for Windows Phone users, apart from being jammed with irrelevant advertising (even though I paid to remove it), has video upload quality that is terrible (which I would not have paid for if I had seen before...).

There is nothing on the internet (other than what I have posted) about these three apps from Venetasoft no longer working - all information is months old, from when they were released earlier this year (with good reviews) - and, while fruitlessly searching for an alternative instagram upload app - I noticed that, despite being aware that the apps are not functioning - they are still for sale.

Therefore, I wanted to report these apps to the store, as I am quite miffed that they appear to be ignoring the issue. However, Windows store will not let me do this!

Please will you tell me:
How can I notify Windows store that these apps are being sold, despite the developers knowing that they do not function?

It seems Windows phone users will not be getting a decent instagram service any time soon.

Thanks for your time,

Peter

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If you're using w10m, Open the app page in the store > scroll down > At the bottom you'll see a "report to microsoft" option

8.1.. Scroll to the right twice > scroll to bottom > report to microsoft

It's best to report the apps, but I'm not sure how fast MS will react, so it's probably best to mention these facts in your review

Edit: If you have a moment and aren't miffed hehe drop by the intro section and let us know who you are and why you fell in love with wp :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss