How to turn my Android into a Microsoft phone?

James Auman

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I had to buy an Android after over a decade of Windows Mobile. A few apps I need weren't reliable anymore (Microsoft Teams, Spotify). Does anyone have a list of steps I need to follow to make an Android as close to a Microsoft device as possible? I plan to install the Microsoft Launcher, but are there things like Cortana, Outlook, Contacts, OneDrive, etc? I'm 0% familiar with Android so I need "dummies-level" help. BTW, I bought the Nokia PureView 9.

Thanks in advance!

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to get that phone myself, but my V30 isn't paid off yet. Anyway. I don't use Cortana but other Microsoft apps yes.

If your contacts have profile pictures and would like to have them on Android you need Nine - Email & Calendar app. Don't need to buy it. Just sync your contacts and calendar then forget about it (don't uninstall). Use outlook for the rest.

For the tiles I use Square Home 3 - Launcher. I like it more than other launchers and it had a lot more customizations than WP itself. Live tiles aren't really live though.

Ps. This app as terrible as it was on WP. I can't scroll up/down to see my text at the beginning. But hopefully I didn't miss much

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I plan to install the Microsoft Launcher, but are there things like Cortana, Outlook, Contacts, OneDrive, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Microsoft Launcher will provide you with a folder containing store links to all the Microsoft Android apps. You can just pick out any you want to install.

If you have been a user of the Bing daily images, you can set Microsoft Launcher to display them as well.

I made the switch within the past year and have had a good experience on a Google Pixel 2.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
You can get all the ususal MS apps on your Android phone. Their launcher also isn't that bad. Just download and install them. They'll work pretty much the same way that you are used to.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Try the Launcher 10 app. It does have limitations but it is closest to Win10 Mobile that I have come across.

Screenshot_20190720-023814_Launcher 10.jpg

Screenshot_20190720-023824_Launcher 10.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire