HP repair on Verizon HP X3......

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I have a Verizon HP X3... It's still under the first 3 month of the year warranty on the device. The battery is expanded like it's about to blow up and none of the buttons work any more. The phone itself is in great shape besides that.

Problem is, I opened a case with HP, this device has a NEXT DAY replacement warranty on it and was told very clearly, they don't have any and don't know when they will get any. The guy said, it could be a week, it could be a month, it could be many months.

They are offering a refund, or to possibly wait forever. What would you do knowing this is the Unicorn of Windows Mobile devices and they are hard to get as it is.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I personally would take the refund. I had a couple of X3's and loved them but decided to move on. Tough decision.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I personally would take the refund. I had a couple of X3's and loved them but decided to move on. Tough decision.

Thanks

I have a Note 8 as well. I still have my old Verizon ICON.(they don't have a lot of value any more so not going to sell it off for cheap money).. I never got a full chance to give Contuum a shot so I wanted to really work with it for a while. I don't really mind waiting as long as I have an exact date and they can 100% stick to it.

I told them a refund and I'm waiting for a call back from them, I'll give them the choice, get me one in a month or less, or give me a refund. IF they can not 100% guarantee me one in a month, I will pursue the refund.

Just knowing it is truly the unicorn of Verizon Windows Mobile devices. I kind of wanted to keep it around so when I get sick of Android or iOS, I can jump into the flagship Windows Mobile device....

The ICON's screen is just too small for me now...So I don't use it as much any more...

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Still dealing with this. I just wanted to update people here. Let me just say, if you wanted a Verizon version of this phone, PRAY you don't have any issues under warranty.

SO, left it as a refund case, I was told I would get a call back within 48 hours, 5 days go by, I call back and I get notified it's going to case manager(it's about time). Finally I get a call back, same story, we dont have any and dont know when and was told "let me see if I can find one for you". We have been back and forth...it's been about 6-7 phone calls... Last one was "let me see if we can just get parts and repair it for you" and that turned into a Nope...

Today's call went to, there is no parts available for this phone, nor can we get one, you have a Refund or a exchange for a tablet, or Laptop. I said, send me a information on laptops/tablets you can offer me in an exchange.

I'll update this thread with progress... so far, what a headache, I really wanted to get the laptop dock and live with a phone that is as good as a laptop. Oh well...

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Nothing personal but you sound wishy-washy and I'm sure the HP people picked up on it. If you want a refund, ask for a refund and stick to it. You keep giving them too many options and they keep dragging you along. Take the money and buy your own tablet or laptop if that's what you want. Swapping out products is no easy task. I know. I went through a 2 month ordeal with Dell which only got resolved after I wrote the CEO directly.

I have a Verizon HP X3 as well and plan on keeping it until the end of the year when I will reluctantly switch to Android. However, I've had it for around 18 months. I understand why you wanted the phone, I love mine, but I can't imagine why you would have purchased a new X3 within the last three months since the OS will not be supported within the next 12 months. Forget about getting a replacement as they are no longer made and new replacement parts will be close to impossible to get. If they were to fix it for you it would be through cannibalization.

Wish you the best with a resolution.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Nothing personal but you sound wishy-washy and I'm sure the HP people picked up on it. If you want a refund, ask for a refund and stick to it. You keep giving them too many options and they keep dragging you along. Take the money and buy your own tablet or laptop if that's what you want. Swapping out products is no easy task. I know. I went through a 2 month ordeal with Dell which only got resolved after I wrote the CEO directly.

I have a Verizon HP X3 as well and plan on keeping it until the end of the year when I will reluctantly switch to Android. However, I've had it for around 18 months. I understand why you wanted the phone, I love mine, but I can't imagine why you would have purchased a new X3 within the last three months since the OS will not be supported within the next 12 months. Forget about getting a replacement as they are no longer made and new replacement parts will be close to impossible to get. If they were to fix it for you it would be through cannibalization.

Wish you the best with a resolution.

Not sure how you get that I am being wishy-washy.

I wanted to see what they were offering. When I called in the first time, They offered to wait (and hearing it might never happen), or Refund. So I said refund. After waiting 2-3 weeks I started calling back and a HP case manager FINALLY contacted me. He offered a refund or a exchange for something else. So I asked what can you provide me, if not a refund. He discussed tablets and touch screen laptops. I said I could use a new laptop if that was an option. Then he asked what I would like...we were back and forth, till he actually shipped something...

They gave me a brand new HP EliteBook 850 G5 Touch laptop. Amazon sells this exact model for over $1600.

It's a very nice laptop, they can have the phone and I am very happy.

I'm shocked they offered me such a nice laptop for a $700 phone but, oh well...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion