I review tons of laptops, and I've never seen one handle intensive graphics this well before — it's incredibly powerful

SOCOMBrae

Apr 29, 2024
Visit site
Great review, waiting for the option for a better screen and I'm in on the M18 R2! How there's not an OLED upgrade still is ridiculous. This is the best review I've seen so far. Thank You

DaveDansey

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
My DELL Latitude E6530 is feeling a bit old now (I use it to remote into a modern desktop). I'm therefore wanting a new powerful large laptop at some point.

The m18 R2 is the one which has caught my attention the most out of those I've read reviews for over the last couple of years.

I really don't want to stick a £2 webcam cover on a £3-4k laptop though. Why don't they all include privacy shutters built in at this price-point?

I also thought all device makers were being forced to allow batteries to be replaced? I'm on my 3rd or 4th battery in my E6530, after about 11 years. Sure it's old, but still works absolutely fine. When the first battery died, if I couldn't buy another the laptop would probably be pushed to one side well before it's end of life. I move it between bedroom and living room daily, so no battery would be really annoying.

I'll probably still carry on using my old laptop and wait for the next round of 'game-changing' CPU's \ NPU's to be mainstream before reassessing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deewinc