I'm addicted to 7 boomer shooters: The old-school throwbacks for geriatric FPS fans

1078mac

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Uhm... if you substituted a racial, ethnic or gender slur for "Boomer", I suspect the level of offensiveness of this article would be more obvious.

Ageism: one of the few forms of bigotry still tolerated.
I was going to say the same. Not technically geriatric yet and of a generation that should not get too easily offended, but tis indeed ageist. Having said that the games list is great and I appreciated it since I forgot I knew about them due toy advanced age

Reactions: North Europe

North Europe

Apr 24, 2023
Visit site
"Grab an ibuprofen for your sore back, fellow oldies; we're going back in time."

Based on your profile picture... unable to locate fellow oldie. Best regards, ibuprofen free 50+ gamer.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Uhm... if you substituted a racial, ethnic or gender slur for "Boomer", I suspect the level of offensiveness of this article would be more obvious.

we're old and grew up playing these old ass games. and we dont get offended. maybe youre just over-sensitive? i guess the older generations really are the most sensitive. :eek:

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I was going to say the same. Not technically geriatric yet and of a generation that should not get too easily offended, but tis indeed ageist. Having said that the games list is great and I appreciated it since I forgot I knew about them due toy advanced age
you said you dont get too easily offended, yet here you are, offended. :eek:

North Europe

Apr 24, 2023
Visit site
we're old and grew up playing these old ass games. and we dont get offended. maybe youre just over-sensitive? i guess the older generations really are the most sensitive. :eek:
I guess you are not old enough to understand that you alone do not represent every "old" person. What a childish comment.

Ben Wilson

Staff member
Nov 6, 2021
Visit site

This article has no ageism; you're looking for an argument that won't happen.

The term is tongue-in-cheek because it's supposed to appeal to mid-to-late 1990s FPS fans, which is more than obviously not the 'baby boomer' generation. Comparing racial and ethnic slurs against the 'boomer shooter' tag is sensationalistic nonsense, and I won't entertain it.

Acting as if I told people you CAN'T play these games because you were over a certain age?
Come on. Fight actual ageism.

discord2k

Jun 5, 2023
Visit site
Don't worry; if you've never heard of boomer shooters, you're probably just not bitter and old. That's partly why I LOVE these seven throwbacks for appealing to my nostalgia.

I'm addicted to 7 boomer shooters: The old-school throwbacks for geriatric FPS fans : Read more
This is the most idiotic headline. Agreed, this is a form of childish bigotry that has somehow been TikTok approved. He could have had a good throwback gaming article here but obviously didn't have enough confidence in his writing ability that he had to tag it with something to bring in the crowd who loves to classify, separate and marginalize groups of people in a public forum. Congrats. This 46 year gamer is blocking all windows central content in my feed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3