Intel will invest over $50 billion in Germany and Israel to build chip plants

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I assume these plants will be building more than just Intel chips. With Windows PCs demand in constant decline, more Intel CPUs are not needed.

Ah yes, from a linked article: “The unit will produce ARM, x86, and RISC-V core chips for other companies.”

Smart move for Intel. Time to diversify.

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I assume these plants will be building more than just Intel chips. With Windows PCs demand in constant decline, more Intel CPUs are not needed.

Ah yes, from a linked article: “The unit will produce ARM, x86, and RISC-V core chips for other companies.”

Smart move for Intel. Time to diversify.

PC demand is only in decline compared with boosted pandemic levels that nearly doubled pre-pandemic sales rates. Not that it's a growth industry, but sales have been relatively flat other than that spike for the past 10 years (at about 13 million units per quarter in the US). I wouldn't be surprised if there is a temporary dip below pandemic levels as all those new computers reduce the need for new purchases below what would have otherwise occurred, but so far, there's no data to prove that's happening, with latest sales still being above the average of the 5 years leading up to the pandemic. The next 3 quarters will be telling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria