Iphone dominates in Japan

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
They are just slower than most other nations to step up. No worries. Once they know Windows Phone, they will lead the world with Windows phone. They love the 5c after all. That says it all.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was actually surprised that Sony was missing from the list. I would've expected Sony to have a stronger showing in Japan.

Ne06

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Of course the don't "mention" windows phone. It is not sold here anymore. AU used to sell a version of windows phone a couple of years ago. Many people here buy iPhones because of the brand name. I hear that from people everyday here.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Of course the don't "mention" windows phone. It is not sold here anymore. AU used to sell a version of windows phone a couple of years ago. Many people here buy iPhones because of the brand name. I hear that from people everyday here.

Excuse my ignorance, no windows phone in japan? It just seems odd there would be no interest at all.

Ne06

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yep. No Windows Phones in Japan. Sure, you can buy an unlocked Windows Phone online (like I have done twice), but they aren't officially sold here. Nokia doesn't sell phones here anymore. I know they used to because many people know the name when they see my phone. I have to answer questions constantly about why my phone has windows, how does it charge with no cable, why can I use it in the snow without changing or taking off my gloves. I live in Sapporo so that last point is major. It is not that they don't have interest; they just have not been exposed to it so it is difficult to be interested in something you don't know exists. 3 people asked me this weekend where they could go to get a Windows Phone. I had to tell them the bad news.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
...they just have not been exposed to it so it is difficult to be interested in something you don't know exists. 3 people asked me this weekend where they could go to get a Windows Phone. I had to tell them the bad news.

This is called a "spark". You could be the beginning of MS march though Japan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb