Ironlights is so much fun that I didn't want to leave VR to do other work

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
ironlights-screenshot-1.jpg

Ironlights is a blast to play on the Oculus Quest with what I hope will be a thriving multiplayer scene.
The Oculus Quest has a growing library of games with a wide range of genres. While there are already several fighting games on the Oculus Quest, Ironlights is unique. Rather than focusing on smashing and bashing, it slows things down and focuses on strategy and skill. It also toes the fine line between being easy to learn but difficult to master, which is what gives a game staying power.
In Ironlights, you fight in duels against AI or people online using one of five classes; knight, crusader, ninja, monk, and duelist. Each has a unique weapon set and requires a different playstyle. You can also customize your armor to fit your playstyle. I mained as a crusader with heavy armor for most of my testing, but due to being locked inside my house for a few weeks, I've had plenty of time to play with all the classes.
The creator of Ironlights, E McNeill, let me into the beta to test the game out a few weeks ago. McNeill also jumped into a multiplayer match with me to chat about the game (and defeat me with ease several times). I played the Oculus Quest version for this review. The game is also available on the Oculus Rift and SteamVR and supports cross-play for online multiplayer. Ironlights launches on all platforms on April 9, 2020.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte