Is bitrate determined by your camera?

MSL950XL

Jan 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, just a general question which google fails to answer for me on the first page(And search for this on this forums also shows up with nothing...); so is it defined by the hardware camera or is this software controlled? I also assume resolution size is also camera defined too, because you can't take 2160p 16:9 videos or photos if you don't have a minimum 8.3 Megapixel camera(since 3840x2160 = 8294400 and we just divide by 1 million and that's the megapixel unit answer), right?

If it's software controlled, which camera app allows you to define the recording bitrate for when you want to use your windows phone as a video camera because you're too poor(or not worth it for just a few recordings if you're not poor to afford one....) to afford a REAL video camera? hahaha....

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I believe that yes, the video bitrate is determined by the phone camera hardware. Usually you just record the video on your phone, copy it to a PC and then use an editing program to re-encode it at a different bitrate. Although lots of phone camera video options also allow you to change the video quality too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatboy7000