Is Fallout 76 really as bad as everyone thinks?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
fallout-76-hero-power-armor.jpg

Everyone says Fallout 76 is bad, but I can't stop playing it.
Of all the games released in 2018, Fallout 76 was arguably the most controversial. Taking the already-outed Fallout 4 engine and slapping multiplayer on the top of it, Fallout 76 launched with a litany of problems, from systemic design problems to game-breaking bugs. I called it a "radioactive mess" in our review, and despite several large updates, it's still tough to recommend it.
Yet, I've been unable to stop playing it, and talking about it, and thinking about it. And it makes me feel a little dirty. I was among those that kind of liked the idea of a multi-player Fallout 4, and that's ultimately what Fallout 76 is, complete with flipped assets, recurring bugs, and a virtually-unchanged engine.
Many Fallout fans feel insulted by Fallout 76, and I'm not here to claim they shouldn't be. $60 for a game that has this many issues is a tall order, particularly when you consider Bethesda was effectively charging for the privilege to test the game, as part of a pre-order bonus. Perhaps next time, have a real beta test, yeah?
In any case, I'm not here to go through all the problems the game has. You can read our review for that. Instead, I'm here to get it out of my system; the things I personally really enjoy about Fallout 76.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss