Is it worth coming back in July 2018

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I jumped to an Xperia xz Premium back in March due to wanting to use fitness apps for training ,ie, Strava, Polar & Garmin.. however, i miss my 950 xl, the amazing camera and super smooth simple UI.. so is it still being supported and getting updates now mid-2018

If so, how do you find the xl now?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi, if you can survive on basic apps and using the browser for anything else you might need, go ahead and get yow booty back on the ship lol.

I think you can hit up eBay or the marketplace in the forums.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're going to be buying used and if you get a good price then why not, it's your decision.

I wouldn't get rid of that Xperia anytime soon though. (unless to switch for another iOS/Android phone)

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Im now back on the 950XL.. yay (picked it up for £150 No Box, just the charger, but device itself is New) .. Its good to be back..

Thing is Xandros9... I actually traded in the Xperia for the XL, thank god .. because the Camera on the Xperia.. even in Manual Mode.. even with ISO @ 50 - 100 were terrible. If I took 10 pics, Ide lose 5 or even 6 due to blurred, watercolour effect artifacts on the images.. no matter how steady I held the camera, so when I saw this XL.. I took my chance to ditch the XZP, as Ive lost alot of great photo opportunities with it... and as I have a Lenovo 10.1" Tablet .. I still have Android..

However, Im looking at either an iPhone 8+ in the future, due to some of the Privacy issues within Android, ..

Its good to be back :)

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
I recently cracked the screen on my android phone, so I started my old 950 XL again and I have still not replaced the broken screen on the Android phone. Love the 950 XL camera, way better then others!

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
You can if you are not dependent on apps, however since eventually (end 2019?) they will not update it anymore, I would not pay much for it if I were you.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Suppose if you use the camera more than the rest of the phone then happy trails. Just don't think that's the case with most people though and the reason why WP fails to meet their needs - pull out my 950 every once in a blue moon but the camera itself cannot sustain its use.

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
If you can live without some apps and use those on an Android phone then the Lumia 950 XL is a fine smart phone. I use the Lumia 950 XL as my main device and a Samsung galaxy S8 for stuff like special apps the win 10 mobile does not support.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes i think so. The OS is stable and if you have another device for special apps you are definitely good to go. I just love Microsoft products.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans