Is Lumia brand or Lumia phones going?

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Well.. Lesser phones??? Means low end, mid range and high end. We at least want phones like L730 L930, L1020 AND L1520.
Why dint they followed same earlier.. L430, L530, L535, L630.. They just wasted time.
now turning back?? I don't know what they r upto?? Its a mess!

sweeperdk

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Well.. Lesser phones??? Means low end, mid range and high end. We at least want phones like L730 L930, L1020 AND L1520.
Why dint they followed same earlier.. L430, L530, L535, L630.. They just wasted time.
now turning back?? I don't know what they r upto?? Its a mess!

I'll tell you what they're up to.

They're streamlining their phone portfolio. In my opinion it is not only the smartest possible move, it's also their chance to really break through in the industry.

Why? Well... Let's just imagine that they continued rolling out device after device. This would have several consequences:

Massive development costs (new phones/new tech doesn't develop itself. It's quite a money-sink)
Consumer-confusion (already now, many cannot figure out which phone is in what segment)
Unfocussed hardware (with a plethora of different devices, it's fairly difficult to make a "killer device" - see development cost)

So what MS are doing is focussing their hardware line of phones. This results in lower development cost per device, more focussed devices with hopefully new tech, and consumers will be able to recognise them.

Genious move, in my opinion. And the only possible move if MS want to stay in the phone hardware game.

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I'll tell you what they're up to.

They're streamlining their phone portfolio. In my opinion it is not only the smartest possible move, it's also their chance to really break through in the industry.

Microsoft is also exiting markets and channels. Sales are expected to decline sharply the next year according to Amy Hood, Microsoft's CFO.

Windows could fall to 4th place in the smartphone market. Samsung is having some success with Tizen in Asia, they're launching more phones and extending the distribution to new markets and channels. They already have native apps for WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook Messenger.