is the windows 10 update out yet for lumia 2520

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No update for Lumia 2520 as WinRT =DEAD

This is user dependent. I LOVE my 2520. YMMV.

Windows RT devices will not upgrade to 10, but there is an update that makes the UX very similar. I've been enjoying the new "look" since September and the experience puts my tablet in-line with my laptop so I'm not schizophrenic when I switch between the two. Here are the details in case you missed them. How to use the Windows RT 8.1 Start menu | Windows Central

Contrary to what users on the forums always trumpet, "RT is dead;" the fact remains that Microsoft will support RT 8.1 until January 10, 2023. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...=0&esdate=0&medate=0&spdate=0&Filter=FilterNO

You still get hotfixes, security patches and updated virus definitions for Windows Defender. Your version of Office 2013 continues to enjoy official support as well. I'm regularly receiving updates still.

While the device will probably not see added functionality and App access, there is no reason to fear there will be any decrease except perhaps in terms of 3rd party Apps no longer seeing updates.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
This is user dependent. I LOVE my 2520. YMMV.

Windows RT devices will not upgrade to 10, but there is an update that makes the UX very similar. I've been enjoying the new "look" since September and the experience puts my tablet in-line with my laptop so I'm not schizophrenic when I switch between the two. Here are the details in case you missed them. How to use the Windows RT 8.1 Start menu | Windows Central

Contrary to what users on the forums always trumpet, "RT is dead;" the fact remains that Microsoft will support RT 8.1 until January 10, 2023. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...=0&esdate=0&medate=0&spdate=0&Filter=FilterNO

You still get hotfixes, security patches and updated virus definitions for Windows Defender. Your version of Office 2013 continues to enjoy official support as well. I'm regularly receiving updates still.

While the device will probably not see added functionality and App access, there is no reason to fear there will be any decrease except perhaps in terms of 3rd party Apps no longer seeing updates.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Yeah I do know about that but the thing is that OP asked about W10 for RT which is basically not coming any RT devices and same goes for universal apps as well. Hot fixes and patches are still ok but then again, Its just limited unfortunately

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Dead would imply way less going on with RT then is the actual case. XP is closer to "dead." It has zero support from Microsoft and all service dates are long ended. No hotfixes, no security patches. It runs more 3rd party software than RT ever will and is still a great UX. I'd never use it outside a sandbox now. Some are still using it daily though. It was much beloved. But I'd never recommend continued use of it.

You didn't say, "No upgrade to Windows 10 for RT."

You said:
No update for Lumia 2520 as WinRT =DEAD

That statement is not reflective of the situation and in no way addresses the OP's question. You provided no context or detail. There was no actual help given by that reply, it misinforms the OP if left to stand as the only answer.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb