Is Windows 10 Mobile developer preview stable enough to install on my one and only phone?

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Goodbye! Windows 10 Mobile you couldn't even stay for 1 week in my phone. God bless to those people who have Windows 10 Mobile in their device as default OS.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
3.5 GB :shocked: Too much for an mobile phone OS. This equal to the computer version of Windows 10.

Nope. W10M's install size is about one third the size of the PC version (which is around 9GB).

Download size is much smaller, because you store it twice on your phone (once as the OS that is run + once as the OS recovery image).

Still, I agree that it's far too fat for a mobile OS. That's just part of the deal when bringing technologies that were originally built for desktop environments over to mobile.

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
You are stuck with Windows 10 Mobile nothing can be done. Doesn't it feel like you are using Android OS with Windows Phone theme on it?

Yes, it does, and that's why I've gone back to WP8.1. I know why Microsoft went this route with the UI (it's been discussed here a lot) but the reality is I just hate using it. On the other hand, I love using WP8.1 - the UI is innovative, smooth, elegant and beautiful.

One of the big inelegancies with W10M is the combination of the "three dots" icon and the "three bars (hamburger)" icon. When both are on the screen, I always struggle to remember which one contains the command I want. There is something non-intuitive about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra