Issue streaming music with Windows 10, how can I fix it?

Ender1553

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Issue streaming music with Windows 10

Someone posted this in the windows mobile forum and i'm having a similar issue on my laptop:

~~~~~
Anytime I use a music app, like Songza, Pandora, and MixTapes, at some point the music will just stop. And not like buffering, it just stops. When I click the volume, instead of displaying the artist (like it does when music is playing or paused) it just displays the default volume control.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know a solution?
~~~~~

I am having the exact same issue since i've upgraded to windows 10. I'll play pandora on my laptop (plugged in) and it'll randomly stop mid song after 20 minutes or so. Frequently, it's about 20 seconds into the song. Currently, I'm running an HDMI cable to my tv so sound and video come through there.

In the past with windows 7, it's been due to various issues like the screen going to sleep (annoying when using TV as a monitor), etc. I've gone in and changed the power settings to prevent that, and made it so the hard drive doesn't sleep on idle when plugged in, so now it's taking 30 min before it does it. In the past, the only time music would pause would be pandora asking every 4 hours "are you still there."

If I come back to my computer and simply refresh the browser, it'll then resume playing right where i left off.

Anyone know what setting is causing this? I could see this being an issue if I'm using other non-music streaming services as well (ex netflix/hulu, etc).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124