It may be possible to put Redstone on a 512MB device in the future.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
If you've put Windows 10 on a Lumia 635 with 512MB, even though it isn't officially supported, that means you are left out of the current insider testing of the Redstone development branch.

However, I noticed something interesting in the "wording" of Microsoft about this.

As a reminder ? we release builds for Mobile from our Development Branch to the list of devices that will be capable of receiving updates as part of the Windows Insider Program. As we stated previously, only devices which are eligible to receive the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade will be able to get preview builds from the Development Branch going forward.
source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14332/

Notice that they state you will only be able to get preview builds from the Development Branch going forward? What about when the Anniversary update is official? It will no longer be a development branch, but instead will be a production branch. Then Redstone 2 will become the Development Branch. Will these other "unofficially" supported devices be able to get that production branch as it comes out?

We don't have too long to wait to find out. It will be interesting to see what we get. I've still got a Lumia 635 that I use as a backup to my 640. Comes in handy at times since I keep the 640 on the latest branch of the Insider build. I've just got to wonder about it moving forward, though.

What do you think? Will it trickle down as branches go into production mode?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124