Just one Terminal command brings nostalgic Windows 7 and Vista aesthetics to your Windows 11 PC

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
"Windows 10's Live Tiles, a popular and favorite feature among most users, is also seemingly missing in action in Windows 11."

I loved Live Tiles and the highly configurable Start Menu of Windows 10 and miss them dearly, but I don't think that's true for "most users." I believe MS had clear and compelling data that most users in fact did not use them at all, never configuring their Start menu. This is part of why they dropped that for Windows 11.

At least now Windows 11 has folders in Start. With their addition, while still an extra click to access an app compared to the grouping possible in Windows 10, that's good enough that 11's other features beat out 10 for me. The only real pain point I have is the lack of Jump Lists with pinned apps in Start (they work from the Task Bar and All Apps lists, but I also need them for all the other apps that don't make the Taskbar, but are worthy of pinning to Start). That is a daily source of wasted time frustration for me.

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Windows 10's Live Tiles, a popular and favorite feature among most users, is also seemingly missing in action in Windows 11.

They weren't Popular amongst most users. what've you been smoking? 😆

Live Tiles had a loyal fan base yes but to say "most users" even know what they are is ridiculous.

I thought the idea was great, the execution was terrible. Windows 10 Start Menu out-of-the-box was a total utter mess. People hated Angry Birds Live Tiles flying in their face.

They also date back to Windows Phone 7 in 2010 and were initially hamfisted into Windows 8.

Windows Notifications is the closest replacement, appreciate not quite the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria