L830 Edge and Location problems

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the UK on the O2 network. They have an app that allows me to keep track of usage, balance etc. Except it now tells me that my browser ( Edge ) is not updated enough to work. I can't find any option in Settings to change the browser to something else.
O2 has after app which offers free gifts by logging in and showing a code to the retailer. This app keeps asking me to turn on Location, but Location is always turned on.
Is there a solution to either of these issues. Or is it a symptom of the imminent demise of the OS?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The only thing you can possibly try within Edge is to go to Settings and select the option to view the desktop version of sites and try your site again and see if it works any better? If not, sadly, as W10M is declining rapidly, if you still want to use that website on a phone, you would need to move to Android or iOS.

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestions which sadly didn't work and confirms that it is another example of the decline of WM10. Such a pity. It's still my favorite OS. I do have an Android phone that I can use these apps on. I had to buy one because the Lumia can't be trusted as my main phone these days. I got a free sim card with the Android (a Sony Xperia because it has similar features to a Lumia) and put the sim in the Lumia to keep it active. These aren't the first apps to fail and certainly won't be the last but I'll keep using it until the day it dies. Thanks again. Always good to be reminded of what a great forum for WM fans this used to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad