L950XL 10586.164 No TP, WhatsApp not working properly. How can I fix this?

mahesham22

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
L950XL 10586.164 No TP, WhatsApp not working properly

So here is the thing.
I am using 950 XL on main build. No technical preview.

My SD card was giving me problems. So I thought maybe an update will fix it. then came the .164 update. But it was still the same, then I realised that it was corrupt. I had a lot of apps on it. (it became read only). nothing could fix it. I even couldn't move the apps to phone storage. So I decided to hard reset.

I have started seeing this issue after the hard reset post updating to .164 build.
Before the Hard reset, everything was fine with whatsapp (I used it for couple of days after updating to .164)

But now, WhatsApp hangs a lot, and sometimes it does not load the chat list. When it loads, it wont open a conversation. Just a blank screen. and after a while, app will crash.
This is happening to me for about 8 out of 10 times. I don't know what is causing this.
Push notifications are working fine.

I tried re-install whatsapp 3 times, with no restore of backup. But the problem still persists.

Has anyone else has face this problem with this build or earlier, and know how to fix this?
(I am trying to avoid hard reset, as I'd have to spend more than 2 hours again)

-Mahesh

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: L950XL 10586.164 No TP, WhatsApp not working properly

So here is the thing.
I am using 950 XL on main build. No technical preview.

My SD card was giving me problems. So I thought maybe an update will fix it. then came the .164 update. But it was still the same, then I realised that it was corrupt. I had a lot of apps on it. (it became read only). nothing could fix it. I even couldn't move the apps to phone storage. So I decided to hard reset.

I have started seeing this issue after the hard reset post updating to .164 build.
Before the Hard reset, everything was fine with whatsapp (I used it for couple of days after updating to .164)

But now, WhatsApp hangs a lot, and sometimes it does not load the chat list. When it loads, it wont open a conversation. Just a blank screen. and after a while, app will crash.
This is happening to me for about 8 out of 10 times. I don't know what is causing this.
Push notifications are working fine.

I tried re-install whatsapp 3 times, with no restore of backup. But the problem still persists.

Has anyone else has face this problem with this build or earlier, and know how to fix this?
(I am trying to avoid hard reset, as I'd have to spend more than 2 hours again)

-Mahesh

Is it by chanche a dual sim? Remove the 2nd sim and reboot

mahesham22

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the tip.
Yes, it is dual sim. But I don't have a second sim inserted.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the tip.
Yes, it is dual sim. But I don't have a second sim inserted.

IMHO, it seems like it's searching a backupped chat on SD card, that obviously doesn't exist due to hard reset and sd wipe.
Try to open WA and backup without opening any chat, directly in settings. Then exit WA, and reboot phone. Finger crossed

mahesham22

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Actually, I did the Hard reset again. But still no luck. I'm trying your suggestion, but I guess luck is not with me. Because the chat settings won't open at all. When I go to settings -> chat and calls, Same blank screen for some time and crash.

IMHO, it seems like it's searching a backupped chat on SD card, that obviously doesn't exist due to hard reset and sd wipe.
Try to open WA and backup without opening any chat, directly in settings. Then exit WA, and reboot phone. Finger crossed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs