latest insider build woes with 950xl

refishafi

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

So the latest insider build has caused multiple problems with my 950xl (known risk i know with the insider program)
1. Windows hello no longer works
2. Many apps no longer launch successfully
3. Bluetooth with car no longer works properly
etc

Backed up the phone, did a hard rest and restored from backup...phone ended up even worse with even more apps refusing to launch than before!

any ideas?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

So the latest insider build has caused multiple problems with my 950xl (known risk i know with the insider program)
1. Windows hello no longer works
2. Many apps no longer launch successfully
3. Bluetooth with car no longer works properly
etc

Backed up the phone, did a hard rest and restored from backup...phone ended up even worse with even more apps refusing to launch than before!

any ideas?

You can't do nothing , as mentioned in official release news, updating day after day, sorry:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-insider-preview/420905-know-iussues-listed-14322-release-new-updating.html

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
If you want to have a stable experience use the Windows Device Recovery Tool, restore to a production build, and then update to the latest production build. This will give you rock solid performance. its a pain in the *** but it is the only way to return to the production builds once you are on redstone.

If you want to stay on the insider program, I would suggest that you read the release notes before you download any update on the insider program. Since you can switch between the rings at any time, the safest thing to do is read what is fixed and what is broken in the release notes first. if you want to install the update then just jump in the appropriate ring. once that update is installed then jump back to production so you don't automatically install a build you don't want.

refishafi

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I have tried to go to production using wdt, however my phone is not detected when i connect it to any of my pcs, so can't
Im assuming this is yet another defect. But bottom line is i am stuck with the current insider build

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Not able to launch apps is a big problem. After the hard reset, maybe try NOT restoring apps from backup. Instead install them one-by-one. People here say it helps. That's what I do. My 1520.3 runs as expected, meaning only with known bugs, more or less.

refishafi

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
another big problem i have noticed is that since this insider build, my phone takes like 6 hours to charge fully! And then drains in about 10 hours!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
You can fix apps not opening using transparent tile maker. Simply pin the app shortcut from there to your Start screen.

Unfortunately though not all apps have shortcuts this way.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have tried to go to production using wdt, however my phone is not detected when i connect it to any of my pcs, so can't
Im assuming this is yet another defect. But bottom line is i am stuck with the current insider build

I had this on my 950XL, and was able to solve it (sloooowly) by going to settings > system > about > reset. After resetting I was able to use WDRT to get the pre 218 build, after which I installed insider, switched to Production, and got on 218. Huge pain, but at least I now have a working phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler