Lost/missing folder on desktop

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I had a folder on my desktop that i kept important apps, documents and files in after decluttering that seems to have randomly disappeared. My first thought is that I may have deleted it by accident or moved it to a different drive while mass selecting pictures, but it doesn't make sense. I say this because I run a live wallpaper app that's always running and the mp4 file it uses was located in that folder on my desktop.

When i went to turn off my pc for the night the wallpaper was still running, so that means that file was still on the C :drive and hadn't been moved or deleted. Also there were files still in my recycle bin, so I know I didn't delete anything. Still the next morning the folder was gone.

I've ran 3 different types of recovery software, couldn't find any files. I've used the search bar in windows explorer to search all my drives and can't find anything. It's not hidden or invisible, there was no update and it wasn't removed to quarantine. I've tried everything and don't where else to look.

I'm open for suggestions because I have no idea where it could have gone or how to recover it. I spent years procuring everything in that folder and there are also some important documents in there as well.

i appreciate any help.

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
I am sorry for having a serious issue regarding your important data. But don't you worry it seems that all your data is in your system, but we only find and get it back.

You didn't mention that do you use any sort of cloud storage or not? Because usually "OneDrive" backing up specifically your desktop data alongside. So kindly consider this and check your "OneDrive" Please.

I endorse the suggestion by "HelloNNNewman".

Now you have "System Restore" options to recover your lost data.
Open "Control panel" locate "Security and Maintenance" by opening it.
Here you will find an option of "Recovery" by entering in recovery you see "Advance recovery tools".
Click "Open system restore" another window popup named "Restore system file and settings" Click "Next" here you find list of backups with date specified. Select one of them by considering the date on which your system was normal.
By hitting one of the option a new window popup and now follow the steps to fix and restore your files and data and get your system on previous state.

Hoping your problem will be solved and I suggest you to always use cloud backup to be on the safer side.
Regards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3