Lumia 1520 Replaced LCD assembly now no power to screen, what do I do?

bdh1975

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 1520 Replaced LCD Assembly Now No Power to Screen

Hello
I cracked the digitizer on my Lumia 1520, and bought a purportedly OEM replacement from eTradeSupply. After disassembly and reassembly, the screen would not turn on. Plugged it in, it vibrated, still no screen. Opened it back up, reseated all connectors, etc, on the logic board, put back together and now nothing. Nada. Zilch. No vibrate, doesn't do anything when i plug a USB into my PC, nothing. Ideas before I break down and just get a refurb off eBay to tide me over a few months?
Thanks everyone.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1520 Replaced LCD Assembly Now No Power to Screen

Sounds like you received a bad assembly, unfortunately. I'd suggest trying to return the assembly and buy a replacement 1520 off eBay, as you're thinking of doing. I was in a similar predicament (bad, but functional replacement screen after cracking the original). I ultimately bought a replacement 1520 from eBay and have been happy since. :)

bdh1975

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

Thank you. That is what I was afraid of. I can't return it, so will suck it up and get a used one off eBay. Will just make sure it is 1520.3 though to avoid the rebooting problem of the 1520.2's.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

If you bought it from etradesupply, contact them to let them know it's a dud.

One thing to check before you spend any money - look closely at all of the little components on the board, especially in the area of the LCD connector. If one of those is damaged, it could lead to the issue you're having.

Those components can be damaged when doing a screen change.

bdh1975

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

Alright, thanks I will. I had bought a new power flex ribbon thinking maybe that was the issue, but the first time I opened it and closed it back up the power button did make it vibrate the once even though no power to the screen, so thinking I will return it before i open it. I will try to contact eTradeSupply, though. I am not an electrician, just had replaced iPhone and iPad screens before so thought I could do it. Could a bad battery maybe do this? If the battery was bad would it cause it to not power the screen despite being plugged in even? Thank you!

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

Sorry for the late response - just saw this.

It is possible to damage the battery when replacing the screen on these phones - in fact, it's quite easy. The first one I did, I did just that. It's been awhile, but it seems like it vibrated, and the windows light flashed, but the phone would never turn on. I had to buy a new battery, and that took care of it.

The battery breaks if it gets bent. I'm not sure if tearing the cover on it damages it also. I do know that, up near the top, there is an indentation, like it's two pieces. It is easy to bend it in that location. Bend it, and it's toast.

Hope that helps - feel free to PM if you need to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077