lumia 532 have white dot/line issue?

gufkl

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
hi everyone!
i just want to ask
i want to buy lumia 532,i research about it and found some people have white dot/line issue ?
is that software issue or hardware issue?
whether all like it or only some?
does anyone have an experience like that?
thx you very much
sorry for my bad english btw

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi. First, yeah, it is a software issue. We have concluded it is a driver issue, Microsoft should have given us firmware update, but they never have.

As far as I know, it is present on every Lumia 532. Maybe it haven't happened on some phones, but I feel that it is only a matter of time depending when they're going to do hard reset, or something like that.

On wp8.1 it is only a dot which you see only this 24 hours after your latest restart. On w10m it can be somewhat annoying because then you can get a black line from bottom center of the screen to to center, but it would depend of how you use the phone. In latest builds i would just avoid frequent restarts, and I would be fine. I would only see the line after system updates. But that was my case. I would just ignore the black line after the update, and until rest of the day it would be gone and it wouldn't reappear until next update - which would be over month later.

The biggest downside of the phone to me is its camera. It doesn't have autofocus, so you might find it hard to take a good photo of a page from a book. Other than this it is perfect for it's price. And this dot/line isn't a big deal to me.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

gufkl

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi. First, yeah, it is a software issue. We have concluded it is a driver issue, Microsoft should have given us firmware update, but they never have.

As far as I know, it is present on every Lumia 532. Maybe it haven't happened on some phones, but I feel that it is only a matter of time depending when they're going to do hard reset, or something like that.

On wp8.1 it is only a dot which you see only this 24 hours after your latest restart. On w10m it can be somewhat annoying because then you can get a black line from bottom center of the screen to to center, but it would depend of how you use the phone. In latest builds i would just avoid frequent restarts, and I would be fine. I would only see the line after system updates. But that was my case. I would just ignore the black line after the update, and until rest of the day it would be gone and it wouldn't reappear until next update - which would be over month later.

The biggest downside of the phone to me is its camera. It doesn't have autofocus, so you might find it hard to take a good photo of a page from a book. Other than this it is perfect for it's price. And this dot/line isn't a big deal to me.

hmmmm... I was not too hopeful on camera
the most important thing for me was the performance when browsing, chat, and a little play good games

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
It's great for browsing and chat (I use Viber and Skype, but I have heard no complains about WhatsApp either), I've had no issues with that. Only Edge doesn't have data saving (yet), so when I'm out I usually use Opera Mini which is not so great, but good enough for me. If you would mostly browse on WiFi, then it's also no big deal, then Edge would be perfect for that.

I don't know about playing games though. I don't play games on my phone, though I do have a Sega emulator Smstalgia Mini. :)

gufkl

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
It's great for browsing and chat (I use Viber and Skype, but I have heard no complains about WhatsApp either), I've had no issues with that. Only Edge doesn't have data saving (yet), so when I'm out I usually use Opera Mini which is not so great, but good enough for me. If you would mostly browse on WiFi, then it's also no big deal, then Edge would be perfect for that.

I don't know about playing games though. I don't play games on my phone, though I do have a Sega emulator Smstalgia Mini. :)

on your lumia 532 white dot/line rarely appears now?

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, but I try to restart it as rarely as possible. So after the update I can see the black line, and it can become thick. But I just try "not to scratch", and it goes away until the day ends, and then I don't see it for all month. If I restart the phone two weeks after that update and latest restart, then I would see the white dot only for brief time during that day, and then it goes away.

They're some stuff that provoke appearing this black line. Those are frequent restarting, and if you charge your phone right after you restarted. I find that last thing strange, but that's what I saw.

Oh, but free days ago I have bought a Lumia 730, so now I use 730. :D 532 is on the shelf since Monday evening.

gufkl

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
Yes, but I try to restart it as rarely as possible. So after the update I can see the black line, and it can become thick. But I just try "not to scratch", and it goes away until the day ends, and then I don't see it for all month. If I restart the phone two weeks after that update and latest restart, then I would see the white dot only for brief time during that day, and then it goes away.

They're some stuff that provoke appearing this black line. Those are frequent restarting, and if you charge your phone right after you restarted. I find that last thing strange, but that's what I saw.

Oh, but free days ago I have bought a Lumia 730, so now I use 730. :D 532 is on the shelf since Monday evening.

oh... ok
is lumia 532 support micro sd uhs-1 ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon