Lumia 640 XL will not switch on

Alan Bundy

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
I've just tried to switch my phone on, but it will not respond. I had it on charge before that, so it should be fully charged - indeed, it should have been swithced on. I attached it to my laptop, but I cannot connect to it as it needs to be switched on to connect. I've not had this problem before.

What I suspect is wrong is that I've exceeded the 8GB memory capacity. I've had warnings about this in the past. I suspect that it just does not have sufficient memory to host Windows 10 anymore. I've moved everything I can onto the plug-in SD card. but you're prevented from moving anything connected to the operating system or even the Windows Office products.

Does anyone have any advice?

Alan Bundy

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
Another related thread mentioned a 'hard reset'. I guessed this meant removing and reinstalling the battery.This did the trick. Under 'This Device', it was using 7.21 GB out of 7,28 GB. I deleted the temporary and download files and the usage has reduced to 7.19 GB usage. I suspect that this is a temporary fix and that the problem will reoccur. I'd welcome suggestions of more long-term solutions. I've already moved everything I'm allowed to to the SD Card. There is no longer enough temp space to do updates. I suspect my basic mistake was to move from Win Mobile 8 to Win 10, but I doubt there's anyway to go back now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria