Lumia 650 vibrating but not powering on

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my lumia 650 battery drained one day, when i plugged it in i failed to power on. It is constantly vibrating but not coming on. No logo nothing. I have tried both soft and hard resets. I downloaded the windows phone recovery tool but it did not recognize the device. Any suggestions?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
my lumia 650 battery drained one day, when i plugged it in i failed to power on. It is constantly vibrating but not coming on. No logo nothing. I have tried both soft and hard resets. I downloaded the windows phone recovery tool but it did not recognize the device. Any suggestions?
What do you mean "plugged in"? Plugged into what?

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

When is it constantly vibrating, soon as you plug it in or after it has been plugged in for a length of time and do those vibrations coincide with notifications?

So what happened when you tried a soft/hard reset, did the screen flash/flicker, any vibrations, do/did capacitive button light up?

Have you determined if your phone is actually off/dead or is it alive but with no active display? I’m sure at some point the battery has depleted itself but if you read my 650 experience below you may be able to come up with a conclusion, or maybe you already have.

My 650 encountered a problem with its display on the third day of owning it, came to light when we had it outside on a -6?C day. Basically the cold was causing display not to come on after it went off or was forced off, a brief 3-5 minutes outdoors was all it took. Bring it back inside and within 2-3 minutes all was back to normal. In my case and during the outages pressing in the capacitive button area would cause feedback, when an email or such arrived I could hear the notifications (my volume was turned up), so my phone was still alive and active just couldn’t see or do anything on it while outside in the cold.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2