Lumia 730 reminders from outlook calendar keeps on repeating

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

In my lumia 730, reminders keeps on repeating even after cancelling the events. When I open calendar, it doesn't show any events (most of the times). Also please note that email sync doesnt happen properly ( i have configured microsft mail, gamil , and a company mail). I cant see any mails most of the time. If i remove all the accounts and add again it comes back, but for a short time . Even tried of resetting the phone. No use. Please help.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi and welcome to windows central forums. Since when are you facing this issue? are you an insider? Do you get any error while syncing emails? Knowing these could help us understand the problem better.
To reply to the thread kindly join our forums HERE

RayanPasanna

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi and welcome to windows central forums. Since when are you facing this issue? are you an insider? Do you get any error while syncing emails? Knowing these could help us understand the problem better.
Issue started 4-5 weeks back n I am not an insider.
While syncing emails I dont get any error, but I cant see a single email in my inbox (gmail,live mail and company) and at the same time, if any reminders pops up, it goes on repeating for every 30-60 seconds. If I open calendar, I cant see a single reminder including those from facebook (birthdays). Then I delete all my email accounts and add them again. Problem gets solved, but only for limited amount of time (2-3 hours). Even done the reset of my phone. But nothing helps :cry:

Last edited:

RayanPasanna

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
While syncing emails I dont get any error, but I cant see a single email in my inbox (gmail,live mail and company) and at the same time, if any reminders pops up, it goes on repeating for every 30-60 seconds. If I open calendar, I cant see a single reminder including those from facebook (birthdays). Then I delete all my email accounts and add them again. Problem gets solved, but only for limited amount of time (2-3 hours). Even done the reset of my phone. But nothing helps

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
have you checked updaer store if there are any outlook mail and calender app updates pending? if yes then download them please. Further do a soft reset and check if everything is fixed. for a soft reset press and hold volume down+power key until phone reboots .

we both have a common ground here, even i own a lumia 730 with an active gmail id on it, so far i haven't faced anything like yours in the past.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
While syncing emails I dont get any error, but I cant see a single email in my inbox (gmail,live mail and company) and at the same time, if any reminders pops up, it goes on repeating for every 30-60 seconds. If I open calendar, I cant see a single reminder including those from facebook (birthdays). Then I delete all my email accounts and add them again. Problem gets solved, but only for limited amount of time (2-3 hours). Even done the reset of my phone. But nothing helps

about the emails, have you set the syncing period to be a longer time? Like a month or 3 months?
And are you letting the app download emails? It can take time hence the reason you're not seeing emails

RayanPasanna

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
have you checked updaer store if there are any outlook mail and calender app updates pending? if yes then download them please. Further do a soft reset and check if everything is fixed. for a soft reset press and hold volume down+power key until phone reboots .

we both have a common ground here, even i own a lumia 730 with an active gmail id on it, so far i haven't faced anything like yours in the past.
Apps are up to date. What I noticed is, I was not able to send mails from live mail (error " outlook.com cannot be connect right now"). Same error used to come even after trying from other PCs/browsers. But now this problem solved. I will check after adding gmail account.
And about doing soft reset... I have done hard reset, so does soft reset will have any effect?

Last edited:

RayanPasanna

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site

I have done everything now. Soft reset, hard rest, update everything. Only one thing I have notice all the time is , Whenever I get this problem I have logged in my live account from different PCs and when i try to send mail to anybody I get an error saying " We cant connect to outlook.com at the moment. Please try again later" . I feel my email got corrupted! Is it possible? Because this Reminder problem and email syncing problems comes together, Also Outlook calendar and outlook mail app keeps on crashes during this time.
Thinking to create a new email ID and hard reset my phone, start over with new email. But there are lot of contacts and reminders. But If I export this things to my new email ID, is there chances that bug will transfer to new email ID?

RayanPasanna

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Update:
Just now I came to know that outlook.com is updating, one by one user account. Mine is not yet updated. Waiting for the update.
And about transferring contacts and calendar, I could done only contacts. Calendar couldnt transfer as I got migration error ("We're currently upgrading all Outlook.com accounts. During this time, you may not be able to share your calendars with some of your contacts who are undergoing migration. You can still send them a link to your calendar by clicking on "Get a Link". We apologize for this temporary inconvenience and thank you for being an Outlook.com user".)
Its been almost a month and microsoft is taking too long about this migrating/updating issue. :cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s93patti.xyz