Lumia 820 Camera problem

lum820

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I turned ON camera in my Lumia 820 and started using it. I noticed that there is a black spot on the screen , this spot appears in the photos and videos I take, I don't know what it is, but the camera was fine, and this issue appears suddenly.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Does it do it with other apps or only the default camera?

I'd recommend trying a soft reset first and see if the issue goes away. Also check your lens to make sure there aren't any marks on on it.

If neither of those work, try a hard reset. If that doesn't work, take it back and get a replacement if you can.

dwbmb

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Can you provide us a screenshot of that? Not saying it we can fix it, but it looks interesting and we are cusrious.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Since you get it in all apps and from the look of it my guess would be some physical damage. Looks like something may have broke internally. Either that or you managed to get something in there.

It doesn't look software related to me but I could be wrong.

lum820

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Strange, really strange, how did this damage happen. The phone and the camera was fine the day before i notice this in the next morning !

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Strange, really strange, how did this damage happen. The phone and the camera was fine the day before i notice this in the next morning !

If you can take it back to the shop you bought it they can probably send it in to find out what's wrong or replace it. If you want to know for sure if it's physical or not try a soft reset first and if that doesn't fix it try a hard reset. Just be sure to back up your stuff beforehand.

lum820

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for late back, i did a hard reset but this didn't work, but i would like to add something about this black spot, if this is a physical damage(Dead pixels) it should shows black spot in any taken photos, but some times when i shoot to light sources(lights, Sun) etc... the light goes through this black spot , so sometimes its completely disappear and sometimes it shows less black region, and when i zoom the black spot zooms too !, This thing confusing me. !

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
IF this is not hardwarely then you should change the frimware of Lumia 820 from NCS you must have experience to how to install frimware through Nokia Care Suite.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99