Lumia 920 is bricked

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have been having a hell of an issue.

I was going to install Update 3 on my phone. I downloaded the software from MSDN and dev unlocked my phone. I then went to the windowsphone website and noticed I had a bunch of devices listed and wasn't sure which was mine, so I though I'll just remove them all and let my phone re-register.... yeah don't ever do that. Apparently the only fix is to hard reset your phone. I did so, and got stuck on the spinning gears of death, Finally after 14 hours my phone is good and bricked (lightening bolt and gear) I have tried every possible reset solution and button combination and nothing works. Finally I decided to flash my phone, but then (too add insult to injury) it appears that Nokia has blocked access to their firmware from Navifirm. I'm stuck, I need to get the firmware files for the black Nokia Lumia 920 from Rogers and I can't. Any suggestions?

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the spinning cogs for almost 12 hours and yesterday did the fix mentioned above by Nokia Boy. First attempt failed, but the second worked. You might give it a try.

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying it now, but it doesn't seem to realize my device is plugged in.

Edit: This worked! Thanks!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo