Lumia 920 photo shooting technique on long exposure time.

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I've been trying to take long exposure time pictures with the lumia 920, but most of the times the picture will turn out too bright for me. Decreasing exposure helps for low light to extremely low light pictures, but won't help if I'm getting normal lightening.

Since the aperture of the 920 is not adjustable, I wonder if decreasing exposure is the only way to make the picture not as bright? Or if you guys have any other suggestions on taking better long exposure time pictures?

Thanks!

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Decreasing the exposure only adjust the camera's overall exposure, try shooting 4s in a medium lighting condition and try 4s with -3 exposure. If the initial shot is iso 100, the first and second shouldn't have any difference.

To make everything look darker, only ways are to reduce lighting, wait until it's dark, or use a polarizing filter.

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Saw some of the decent long exposure pictures taken by members here on wpcentral, therefore the question as I was never able to make mine look that good (not even close).

Looks like this is a hardware related issue then.
Thanks for your inputs!

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
This is definitely NOT a hardware related issue. It's the problem with the exposure, definitely more than the camera's problem. The camera is perfectly capable. You just have to think of ways to reduce light coming into the sensor.

Hint: Try shooting with a sunglasses placed in front of your phone

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786