Lumia 930 vs LG G3: which one should I get?

Hoyzon

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, i'll be buying a new phone today, and i'm struggling trying to find the best one for my budget.

Lumia 930 it's really hard to find in my country these days, since that Microsoft won't send more models because of 950. I'm really instered on moving to Windows Phone, especially after seeing how beautiful looks the WP10 OS. But unfortunelly, some apps, seems to not coming to WP, such as YouTube, the one that i most use.

LG G3 it's a side option that appeared yesterday, when i saw the Amazing price i could find it, in it's best version, with the Wireless Charger and 4G.

I'm looking to get one of those Flagships from 2014, i do not pretend to change phone during 3 to 4 years, since that i'll be paying some things, and wont have free money to trade after.

Which one you guys recommend me to get? The Lumia 930 or LG G3 and Why? Thanks

(Updated) What matters to me in a phone it's, great design, great screen so i can watch my videos at 1080P or even 1440P, also great Audio, Camera and especially, Battery.

Last edited:

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Um, there are a tonne of Youtube apps for Windows Phone. I'm not sure where you heard otherwise, but you've been misled. Windows Phone has some of the best Youtube apps available on any platform.

Not used the G3, but the 930 is a real gem. It is also a Nokia, so it's built like a tank. The Amoled display is beautiful. The only negative is no SD card slot, but with 32gig storage I've not needed it at all. Otherwise the 930 has the best of everything available. It is hard to imagine how someone could regret getting the 930.

Hope you get what you want.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 930 vs LG G3

Which one you choose is not all that important based on the device itself. These two are roughly similar in that respect. Do you want WP or Android? That is the far more important decision you should make.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

If you want the best Google and Microsoft experience go for Android. It's more universal.

It would be helpful if you could name a few things that matters to you in a phone.

Hoyzon

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

Well, What matters to me in a phone it's, great design, great screen so i can watch my videos at 1080P or even 1440P, also great Audio, Camera and especially, Battery.

Hoyzon

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

Well i havent used WP yet, but my sister got a birthday gift, Lumia 532, and it seems to be running it's system smoothly that's what i like on a Phone too. So i thought on getting Lumia 930, because of it's Design, Performance, Camera and W10 Update. But the G3 it's very similar, so i ended up confused.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

Well, yt apps on WP are much better than official YT apps on Andy.
Looking at these two phobes, it depends what you really want, Windows or Android.
Of you want smaller phone with better camera, beautiful and sturdy, go fof 930.

If you want apps, bigger screen and good camera with better battery life, G3 is waiting for you.

If I was at your place, I would choose the G3 at tgat price point (considering they cost almost the same). Rich ecosystem with better MSFT suite of apps and won't lag with that specs.
If it was G4, than wouldn't even blink...

Hoyzon

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

And Dusan, it's hard to believe, but the G3 Titanium 4G with the Wireless Charger, it's still costing less than the Lumia 930. Since there's no more L930 on Walmart,Americanas,Fast Shop and other trusted stores.

There're some people selling L930, but the only available it's their (Showcase) model. Which sucks because it's doesn't come with the Offical Box and Charger, only the Phone. And also, we have recieved a lot of Lumia 930, that after 2 months of usage, people have been experienced Mic and Audio issues, and after that, come more and more issues. A problematic Lot, and the retailers doesn't want to inform us the Lot that the product came

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

That's even clearer for me. G3 it is.
It should also recieve 6.0 soon.

Actually, I'm throwing my eye to G2 myself... Starting to miss a lot of thing with WP.

Hoyzon

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I believe i'm gonna go with the G3. What calls me in the L930, is it beautiful design, the AMOLED Display, that phone should have costed much more to produce than the G3. But the lack of that model in my country, making me go with the OEM Version of the Phone, makes me really worried. That's why i think i'm going with the G3

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I believe i'm gonna go with the G3. What calls me in the L930, is it beautiful design, the AMOLED Display, that phone should have costed much more to produce than the G3. But the lack of that model in my country, making me go with the OEM Version of the Phone, makes me really worried. That's why i think i'm going with the G3

Yeah, AMOLEDs are quite catchy, once you get attracted to those deep black, it's hard to look at usually washed out IPS.I hope you enjoy your G3, good luck!

anon(9410778)

May 19, 2015
Visit site
i'll mention the G3 has plenty of issues itself. It freezes quite often whne doing simple tasks such as browsing this website from the app or sending an sms. It usually takes a battery pull or waiting 5-10 minutes for it to be usable again. pretty solid phone overall though. The freeze ups seem to be a common issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downloadtorose