Lumia 950 amoled black background battery life

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Lumia 950 and just read that the Lumia 950 has an amoled screen. I know that an oled screen consumes less or no battery life for black pixels, would this also work with the Lumia 950 if I set most of the menu backgrounds etc to black?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Yes.

The question then becomes how much of a difference, but that can vary.
, it seems in apps with black menu's the power drain is a lot less. Do you perhaps know an app or browser for WM10 that makes site backgrounds etc black? (e.g. similar to something like dark mode extension in firefox). I only found Dark Browser so far but that one is quite bad.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
, it seems in apps with black menu's the power drain is a lot less. Do you perhaps know an app or browser for WM10 that makes site backgrounds etc black? (e.g. similar to something like dark mode extension in firefox). I only found Dark Browser so far but that one is quite bad.

Nope, for better or for worse the web is meant to be primarily white so it's not the best idea to monkey with it.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Nope, for better or for worse the web is meant to be primarily white so it's not the best idea to monkey with it.
, but dark mode is soo much easier on the eyes for me (besides the battery life improvement), I like it a lot personally. The black background with light blue or white text is very clear to read, only a few sites that have issues. Bummer that Dark Browser is so lacking on other features.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa