Lumia 950 stopped working all together after Windows 10 Update

karenclayton4076

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
I looked down at my phone and the wheels were white and turning, obviously an update had been pushed to my phone. I waited for it to install and turn my phone off, but it never restarted on it's own. I plugged it in to an outlet even though the battery was charged, pressed the on button and held it down for a minute before it would turn on. The Microsoft logo appeared, then the blue window appeared, disappeared and appeared one last time and then nothing. I took out the battery and reinstalled it, tried to turn on the phone again, and the same exact thing happened as before.
The phone will not work at all, basically it is now a dead brick. The phone is less than a year old. I have had poor battery life, and sometimes the phone gets very hot for no reason since the first day I had it, and when I reported this to AT&T, they wanted to replace my brand new phone with a refurbished one. I paid for a new phone, so I just kept it and dealt with the poor battery life. Now it doesn't work at all. What a piece of crap, I am paying over $600 dollars for this phone with AT&T's forced plan called ATT Next. What a rip off.

So they only thing left to do is to get a refurbished phone for a replacement. This is unacceptable.

:angry:

HungTravis

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issues as well. After today's update the Microsoft logo appears then goes to a blue screen. From the blue screen it goes into a reboot loop. A soft reset does not seem to solve the problem either.

HungTravis

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
After doing several resets and pulling the battery I was able to get it back to the cogs but from there it goes to the frown face. Look like using the Windows device recovery tool is in order.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with the phone. A suggestion would be to use the WDRT to recover the phone (load a known good factory image), then let the phone update once again. This would be a little time consuming, however in the end you should have a working phone.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with the phone. A suggestion would be to use the WDRT to recover the phone (load a known good factory image), then let the phone update once again. This would be a little time consuming, however in the end you should have a working phone.

This is all that can really be done to get your phone working in a timely manner. Much like a PC, just about ANYTHING can go wrong during an update....

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Don't worry! Not a big problem at all. It is easy to solve!
First, I become the owner of such phone by buying it from a guy having the same problem like you.
He sold it happily to me with only one hundred dollars, after using it for only two weeks!!! (BTW, I live in Romania, and here is quite difficult to return to the shop a phone which you don't like). He told me about the very short battery life, about the heat dissipated by this phone, which sometimes burnt his leg from his pocket, and first of all, about being unstable after the update. He was just unhappy and wanted to get rid of it.
OK, I took the chance, I bought it and first of all I did a recovery using the wdrt, and choosing the oldest factory image available. After that, I enrolled in Microsoft Insider preview. programme. I choose the fast ring and I put on it Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14926. I can tell you that all the problems described by him (and by you) are long gone and the phone now has the average battery life of 16-18 hours, with a lot of facebook chatting, with a smart-watch connected by bluetooth, few photos taken randomly every day, and of course, with outlook set to refresh the mailbox every 30 minutes. Overnight, when I don't use it, I have less than 10% discharge, after I fully charge it (with FB messenger and outlook refresh still running in backgrounds). About the heat? is as cold as it is supposed to be. The only overheating I ever experienced was when, while speaking with somebody using a bluetooth headset, i was using also the gps navigation from Navitel and a game paused in background (this means a really heavy processor usage). I suggest you to do this also, and I guarantee that you will start to love your phone again. You can any time revert to the official windows builds, if you choose to do so, by using the wdrt.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos