Maps lose traffic info in CU

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
After updating to the Creators Update and the new Maps app UI, each of my devices lost the ability to predict traffic for routes. For any route at all (including the home/work favorites) it says "traffic info isn't available." I can see that traffic info IS available through the colors on the map. I'm not even talking about during navigation - we've sadly never had that - but in the route options themselves. This is a major feature loss! Does anyone else have this issue? And by the way, I'm in the northeast US so the maps are definitely available, and I have checked for updates.

DrChucky

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
After updating to the Creators Update and the new Maps app UI, each of my devices lost the ability to predict traffic for routes. For any route at all (including the home/work favorites) it says "traffic info isn't available." I can see that traffic info IS available through the colors on the map. I'm not even talking about during navigation - we've sadly never had that - but in the route options themselves. This is a major feature loss! Does anyone else have this issue? And by the way, I'm in the northeast US so the maps are definitely available, and I have checked for updates.

I have the same bug and can confirm that it has been present for a few months on Insider Preview builds. Besides the loss of traffic info, I have also noticed that the app will randomly crash.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I am on 15063.251 Creators Update, Lumia 830. Used insider on production ring.
Talk about effected phones and how you got there.

I have multiple routes to select from and traffic info on all along with camera showing on all routes. When I select a route all is still there on the selected route.
When I first open maps, traffic, cameras, and incidents were off, must be the default. This setting is on the grey, right bar, layers.
In the US looking at Dallas/FT. Worth

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster