Media mixup between phone and sd cards

Rap Attack

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi somehow i did a sync via windows media player and messed things up. I thought i put the new 16gb card in and synced with that. Was wondering why the phone storage was so little and never thinked i put the old sd card back in which is 4gb. Somehow windows media player or the phone decided to store the music onto the phone instead of the card which is a pain. So what should i do now to correct all this? The easiest solution. This is what is the present situation On the phone now i have Music/videos=5.70gb, Pictures 2.60gb, apps=445.17mb, other=less than a mb, system=1.92 gb, free space= 946.31mb. On the 4gb sd card: Music/vids=961.85mb, pictures=55.17, other=12.44mb, free 2.79gb.
I have all the music i want stored on my windows machine so can resync but as i am new to these windows phones and not a very long time smart phone person was trying to think of the best way round this as the syncing too forever. Thanks :0)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I simply copy paste things like I would on a pen drive, extremely practical for me as I don't like syncing thingy ;).

Also settings > phone storage > store new stuff on SD card

Rap Attack

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I simply copy paste things like I would on a pen drive, extremely practical for me as I don't like syncing thingy ;).
Ah i found that didnt work and nowhere on the net said it would either. I hate syncing too. Didnt have to do that with the other phones except for just music with the iphone., Everything else just drag and drop
Also settings > phone storage > store new stuff on SD card
Yeah its set to store on the sd card. I dont know where things went wrong...been about a week i think since i did it all so sketchy on what went wrong

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo