Microsoft confirms name of the next major version of Windows, and it's not Windows 12

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
That's not a name, that's a code. The release won't have a proper name, only an internal code which doesn't stray far from a version number.

JoaoMXN

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Apparently they indeed want Windows 12 to be released a long time from now to avoid fragmentation as the rumors suggested.

Polorboy

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
Releasing a Windows 12 would be a horrible idea, especially with how bad Windows 11 has been. I've had nothing but trouble with it on multiple systems. I've removed 11 from all but one windows tablet that shipped with 11. Even then it has constant problems. I needed to install VMware workstation and even the newest version of VMware workstation will not install on ANY version of windows 11. It is a horrible operating system that should never had been created. Windows 10 was supposed to be the "final" version of Windows ever to be created. And after 10 years that has only just started to be slightly stable. It still causes a ton of problems. The last good version of Windows Microsoft ever created was Windows 7, everything since has been just one failure after another. Anyone remember Windows Millenium Edition... Yeah, that looks good by comparison to everything from windows 8 onwards.

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
"I needed to install VMware workstation and even the newest version of VMware workstation will not install on ANY version of windows 11."

That sounds like a VMWare problem, not a Windows 11 problem. Windows 11 is clearly listed as a supported Host OS for VMWare Workstation 16.2, 17 and 17.5.

"Windows 10 was supposed to be the "final" version of Windows ever to be created."

No it wasn't. Jerry Nixon was wrong.

"And after 10 years that has only just started to be slightly stable."

Huh? Windows 10 is THE version used by corporations around the world. It has been very stable for many years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria