Microsoft is now 100% compliant with the European Union's DMA regulation by letting users uninstall OneDrive, Edge, and Bing on Windows 11

computerdave911

Jun 12, 2023
Visit site
Microsoft outlines measures it has taken to comply with the European Union's Digital Markets Act (DMA) regulations, including making its services interoperable and letting users uninstall OneDrive on Windows 11.

Microsoft is now 100% compliant with the European Union's DMA regulation by letting users uninstall OneDrive, Edge, and Bing on Windows 11 : Read more
In North america, dont know over there, but You always could uninstall OneDrive in 10 or 11, i always do from control panel not settings. i like looking at the old control panel while its still around, , lol then I know its gone.

Jack Pipsam

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I use edge but google tools like gmail, google agenda, and I am harassed by google to install chrome, is this normal ?
Yeah, pretty much. It's a big part of how Chrome got where it was, that little pop-up on the top of Google search. There's likely aways to force away the pop-up, perhaps by extensions. Although de-Googling as much as possible is likely the best way to avoid Google intrusion.

Reactions: wojtek

Jack Pipsam

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Now I need Australia to pass laws so we too get this natively. The ability to uninstall apps shouldn't be this hard for the average consumer. For anyone right now there are ways to force uninstall Edge, always has been. But it really shouldn't require anything more than a simple click.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul89895