Microsoft is once again pissing off Edge users who prefer Google over Bing

The Werewolf

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft Edge is once again serving some users a prompt begging for them to switch to Bing, if they're using Google as their default search engine. Sigh.

Microsoft is once again pissing off Edge users who prefer Google over Bing : Read more
Hey, Microsoft. Long time Edge user who was fine with Bing as default but who is now seriously thinking of jumping back to Chrome. Why? I never asked for all this AI crud shoved into my search results. I don't like having to be VERY careful not to scroll up too far or BAM more AI crud.

I just want a simple, basic search engine with a simple results page. I don't need AI getting in the way because I'm AI (actually intelligent).

And to be clear, I'm fine with it being available for people who do want to use it - but there's no way turn it off if we don't. Fix that!

Last edited:

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
"Microsoft is once again pissing off Edge users who prefer Google over Bing".

So IOW, Microsoft is once again pissing off all Edge users.

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
"I just want a simple, basic search engine with a simple results page. I don't need AI getting in the way because I'm AI (actually intelligent)."

This.

I have been using Yahoo since before Google even existed. Edge does not care that I am using Yahoo, so I don't see these BS popups to switch to Bing. Not to mention that there is no "AI" nonsense with Yahoo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria