Microsoft's big AI ambitions helped it become the world's most valuable company but at the expense of its Azure team, according to a leaked email memo

GothardJ2

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
The article mentions that Azure Cognitive Search (renamed Azure AI Search) and Azure Bot Services have been (maybe will be) killed off. I'm not seeing anywhere in Microsoft's site that this is the case. Very much seem like they are sticking around, and still being developed as alternatives to other solutions. Much like WinUI and WPF are different options to do a similar task. Is the death of these products being stated because they now rely on OpenAI as opposed to Microsoft built AI?

Cmndr_Bytes

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
I believe I have stated it before but MS always seems to have ADD. They seem to go all in on one thing and then when the new big thing comes out they jump over to that and leave the last behind.
Why can't they find a balance and quit yelling "squirrel!" They have the money to do more than one thing.
They need to quit trying to put all their digital eggs in one basket.

Reactions: Arun Topez

Arun Topez

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
I believe I have stated it before but MS always seems to have ADD. They seem to go all in on one thing and then when the new big thing comes out they jump over to that and leave the last behind.
Why can't they find a balance and quit yelling "squirrel!" They have the money to do more than one thing.
They need to quit trying to put all their digital eggs in one basket.
Been saying the same thing! They never learn from their mistakes, which is why they keep repeating them. Always putting all their eggs in one basket while screwing over all their other products/teams, which then bring them behind while the competition catch up. Strangely this time it's Azure, which is a big part of it still, but they probably over-hired for Azure, which again is another repeat issue they do. And same with product/feature releases, they always announce/release things either too early (buggy, unfinished, major privacy issues, using users are their QA, etc.) or too late (mobile). It's sad because I used to be a hardcore MS ******, but there's no point in trying to defend them anymore if they keep repeating the same mistakes and are becoming more anti-human (against their employees, against users, etc.) and the few things they do right they either abandon or let it slip eventually.