Microsoft's new Windows OS installation UI is actually 10 years old

Arun Topez

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
There's so much old junk floating around in Windows. It's kind of amusing.
And the fact the new compressed folders window is also in the old junk legacy style instead of developing it in the new format is hilarious too. I'm guessing it's because the settings itself are still in that old legacy format and the new style windows are just a UI on top of it.

Arun Topez

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
Again with opening the browser instead of an app, even for web apps that are supposed to behave like native apps (regarding the weather lockscreen widget) -_- Least they can do is just show the full size Weather widget when clicked on, which the OS already has access too.

xenred

May 6, 2023
Visit site
Not really surprised, when I first saw it it simply looks like a standard windows, actually this is less fancy that previously which was based from Vista and had far more glass looking elements on it.

I was expecting them to simply reskin that since it was just basically image files that needs updating. It needs to be exactly like the new Windows 11 OOBE screen.

The current WinRE screen which was first updated since Windows 8 is far more modern and I'm surprised that wasn't still used considering that one isn't anything too fancy but still have nice animation and touch friendly for recovery environment.

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
This is what everything in Windows 7 would look like if you did not have enough graphics horsepower to run Aero Glass.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria