Mobile Plans - 1GB a day for 70 days...$10

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I visited India....I got a SIM - I paid $20 (got ripped off - ok, not really) for a $10 plan. Did it right at the airport. Took 4 hours to activate.

I get 1 GB a day, unlimited domestic text and calling, for 70 days. Used for 14 days. I used 8 GB of data.

Ok, granted many areas only had 3G - but while traveling, better than nothing.

Used an Alcatel Idol 4s

That is about 40x the value of my current plan!!!!!!

Current plan - 6GB data/month
250 calling minutes/month
Free local calling after 8pm and weekends
charges for long distance
(I bought a Skype package)
Yes, I get LTE almost everywhere

Price $85 a month!!!!!!
Price to use MY plan in India - $6 a day ($6x14 days=$84)
Btw, that still means I get 6GB for the month

How can country like India give rates like that, but in N.America - nothing even close?

The SIM still is still active, but since I am back, it txt'd me saying it was $60 for 10 days with 3GB data. No thanks...

Share your phone plans with me!!!

Aravind Belagaje

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I leave in India my plan costs ₹395 (nearly $6 to $7). I get 2GB+unlimited/day (speed reduces after 2GB) 50 hours of calling to same network and 30 hours to other network and 71 days of validity.

This is because of new operator(provider) jio in India. It has even good plans. It even gave free internet but we are quite unlucky because windows phone doesn't support it.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
My data plan is slightly different. Im paying equivalent to USD24 for 15GB for weekdays & another 15GB for weekends. Since I also have a supplementary line, I get an extra 5GB... Thats up to 20GB for weekdays.
It's 4G with unlimited calls & sms nationwide.

... !

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh stop, that's just not true. Go to Canada for instance and see how you fair there

It is true.
I didn't speak negatively, just said why prices in America are high.
Another reason is, they can be high, people can pay them. That is why I am here.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It is true.
Another reason is, they can be high, people can pay them. That is why I am here.
But truly it's not, we as Americans have many choices for plans. It has nothing to do with the "greed" of Wall Street.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It is true.
Just look at these plans from Canada for instance. They pay 30 bucks for 100 Meg of data and limited minutes, you can pay 30 bucks for 2 gig of data and unlimited minutes here in the US. So stop with the greed of Wall Street nonsense. Not being negative with you, I just like the truth.
0d2e6838176bfb51801715f4665c0bd3.jpg

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Because everything in the US costs more money, from Wallstreet greed to FCC spectrum auctions,etc.

That's not quite true. US prices for most products and services are less than in other developed countries. A few notable exceptions are ISP service, health care, and mobile service. The mobile phones themselves are much cheaper in the US than in almost every other country.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Ummm, you're not attacking Wallstreet with some made up false data are you? This is a tech forum, not sure why Wallstreet is a subject here.

Oh please, that is hilarious. Fake news, right?
Yes, this a tech forum. Tech costs money, whether it’s hardware or the companies that supply the data plans. I, for one, went to Cricket a few years ago because I was tired of paying high prices that didn’t give me any better coverage than the big 3. One thing I will defend it having choice. The more choices the better chance prices will be kept in check.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh please, that is hilarious. Fake news, right?
Yes, this a tech forum. Tech costs money, whether it’s hardware or the companies that supply the data plans. I, for one, went to Cricket a few years ago because I was tired of paying high prices that didn’t give me any better coverage than the big 3. One thing I will defend it having choice. The more choices the better chance prices will be kept in check.
Then what in the world are you trying to say? So you found a cheaper price good for you. That is a long way from America is the most expensive in the world. You seem to be a bit confused on what you want to say.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Then what in the world are you trying to say? So you found a cheaper price good for you. That is a long way from America is the most expensive in the world. You seem to be a bit confused on what you want to say.

Not confused at all. I never said American was the most expensive. I chimed in when you took offense to someone else’s comment about Wall Street.
It’s really not a big deal to me. Enjoy your day.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Not confused at all. I never said American was the most expensive. I chimed in when you took offense to someone else’s comment about Wall Street.
It’s really not a big deal to me. Enjoy your day.
Yep, Merry Christmas to you. And if you find anywhere that I was trying to defend anyone please re-read. You won't find it

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Too bad about Jio.

I used my Alcatel Idol 4s - Windows Phone and it worked fine....yeah, I got some 3G.

Did Jio have an app that was specifically Android or Iphone? Or was it the network bands not supported on your phone?

I doubt it was just because it was WP...

Let me know what you find out!

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh stop, that's just not true. Go to Canada for instance and see how you fair there

Canada has 3 major Telcos - all the prices are about the same.
They also have some subsidiaries of the big 3 - better plans.

The plans are getting better, but no where NEAR India.
Domincan $13 CDN for 7GB....

aGREED (ha ha) - N.A will never let cheap travel SIM plans...to lucrative!

Be nice if Alcatel Idol 4s were given away in India...get some WP users...ha ha...

Actually an elephant trainer I met used a WP! Only in India...