Move all files from subfolders into one folder

mr_master

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Is there a way to move all files from all subfolders of a certain folder into a single folder?

I downloaded all my photos from my Google Photos, but there are separate folders for every day when a photo was taken (e.g. pictures taken on 8 June 2015 are in ...\Desktop\Pictures\2015-06-08). I'd like to move all of those pictures into a single folder (e.g. ...\Desktop\Pictures).

gmoore114

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
in explorer, go to Desktop\Pictures. search for jpg, it should search subfolders , select all, copy, paste to the pictures folder.
Make sure you are satisfied with the results before deleting subfolder pictures.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
in explorer, go to Desktop\Pictures. search for jpg, it should search subfolders , select all, copy, paste to the pictures folder.
Make sure you are satisfied with the results before deleting subfolder pictures.

This is always a useful tip to know! It's saved me tons when working with my old MP3 collection.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

To add to the helpful tip above :

It works for any file format as well, best method is to use *.whateverfileformat i.e. *.bmp *.gif etc. As it also acts as filter as well for example if you have .psd file called Document cover and you search doc for documents you will get that PSD file along with another file containing the chacters - doc . However if you searched *.doc you will only get word documents and nothing else.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
To add to the helpful tip above :

It works for any file format as well, best method is to use *.whateverfileformat i.e. *.bmp *.gif etc. As it also acts as filter as well for example if you have .psd file called Document cover and you search doc for documents you will get that PSD file along with another file containing the chacters - doc . However if you searched *.doc you will only get word documents and nothing else.

Good tip! Using *. reminds me of the DOS days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon