Move contacts from WP to iPhone?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
We've been long time fans and users of the Windows Phone, but have very reluctantly decided that as our WP expire, we'll have to move on. My wife is going to do that this week, as her phone Alcatel IDOL 4S is really rotten. She hasn't been able to receive phone calls in about a year! (I'll never own another Alcatel phone again.) This week, we've finally got enough money to get her a new phone and she wants an iPhone. We'll get it later this week.

So, I've been thinking about what we need to get done in preparation for this, when I thought about her contacts. We have an Office 365 Home Edition license, which I'll set up on her new phone. Will that transfer all of her contacts from the People app in Windows 10, to I presume a People app on the iPhone? (Where the People app will be a part of the Office 365 ecosystem.) Or won't that work? Will we have to do something else, in order to transfer all of that to her new iPhone?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It depends on what email provider she is using. If it is with Outlook, no worries because all of the contacts are already in the cloud. She could just use her Microsoft account to connect that way. Either way, the contacts would be in the cloud for sure, but with a Microsoft account, it would be easiest (in my opinion) to ensure all of the contacts are there.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
That works too, but I prefer to keep my contacts with Outlook as that can be used on any platform (iOS, Android, or Windows).

I do the same! It's just easier that way. Also it's very satisfying to delete a contact in one place and have that person deleted everywhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos