moving from win phone 7 to 8

peterwinston

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I was using a Nokia windows 7 phone, and just got a new Nokia windows 8 phone.

I can't figure out how to migrate from one to the other.
Transfer contacts did a find jobs of contacts and text messages. (although I have many many contacts duplicated many times)
I can't figure out how to move any of my configurations. - I re-entered the accounts. (email, linkedin, windows live).

I would have expected it to re-install my apps, and move my content like the iOS icloud does. and, I can't even figure out how to do it manually.
the winphone 7 wanted to talk with Zune, and the windows8 has its' own desktop app.

Don't get me wrong, I like the phone, and I like the improvements, but this could have been done better.

Also, while I'm ranting... one of the things that does bother me, is that the phone required me to have a @live account prior to letting me install Linkedin, or Facebook.
I can't figure out why it was required, but it creeps me out.

thanks,
-peter

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Also, while I'm ranting... one of the things that does bother me, is that the phone required me to have a @live account prior to letting me install Linkedin, or Facebook.
I can't figure out why it was required, but it creeps me out.

I guess this was just the standard WP account for Marketplace, Appointments, Contacts etc. (Similar to an Google account on Android). There's no direct connection to Linkedin or Facebook.

Personally I would have written something about Zune too, that was the most frustrating thing for me ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos