MS 365 on Android or iOS? Or no difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViktorOTitov

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Dear friends!
I am using Surface Pro X now as one device for everyday work now. I am working with tons of emails and different types of docs (Word, Excel, PP, Acrobat, etc.). I am using Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Teams, OneNote, etc.), Edge, WhatsApp, Telegram, Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, Zoom.
Need Your professional suggestions how to make my working life more productive. Which smartphone device works better with Microsoft 365 now - Android (Samsung Fold, Huawei Mate XS, etc.) or iPhone 11 Pro Max? Which one is more productive or You? Maybe You have some experience.

Pistle123

Aug 12, 2020
Visit site
I thing there is not much more difference in both. It is having a very few and negligible differences between using MS 365 in Android and iOS like Manage call forwarding is applicable in iOS but not in android. so except few, all other things like use of Outlook Web App to read mail, Use of POP or IMAP email, Search global address list, Use Office Online in Microsoft 365, use OneNote to view and edit notebooks, Use Office on mobile devices (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), View documents in OneDrive for work or school are same for both iOS and Android.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the built-in experience Office and Outlook in WM10 over the experience on Android, IOS and Sailfish X. I've also used email on Blackberry, Symbian... none of these have come close to the experience in WM10.

The only o/s that is a close second is WM 6.5; with in this ranking I'd put Wp 8.0 last because it lacked basic functionality i.e. when you tried to attach documents you were locked to the photo hub lol (Had to use workarounds, but it was a subpar experience). It got better when Microsoft finally added a file picker and action centre but in the process also ruined what made Wp8.x standout.

Anyway, I really miss the push support on WM10 as I've the syncing behaviour on everything else to be extremely frustrating.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
When I moved from WinMob, I chose Apple as I also had an iPad Mini 3. It made sense. As soon as it arrived I, basically, sold it within a week. If I couldn't do simple tasks such as plugging my phone into a computer to transfer files onto the phone, then it wasn't for me. I'm not going to be restricted. After that, I chose Huawei and currently own a Mate 20 X. Plus, I'm not installing iTunes. Nope. Don't need it.

There isn't, as others have said, much difference as you're still just launching apps and that's about it. Additionally, the price of iPhones is ridiculous. Absolutely stupid. The question is also... which phone works best with Windows 'Your Phone'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos