Music & Playlists….

Andrew Losli

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
I have added .wma music files to my Duo as well as my .wpl playlists. I have since been searching the app store for a simple music player that will acknowledge my music files and playlists. Many of them look like they would work great and will play the music files. However in the playlist section of the various apps it will show my synced playlists but always says “0 songs”. I have contacted several of the app developers and they say that their apps will do what I want and that it would be the device that is causing the glitch. They think it is most likely the Duo that is not delivering the playlist .wpl info correctly. Has anyone else had this issue and maybe a work around? I wish Microsoft would have an actual music app for the Duo like Groove Music etc…

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I have added .wma music files to my Duo as well as my .wpl playlists. I have since been searching the app store for a simple music player that will acknowledge my music files and playlists. Many of them look like they would work great and will play the music files. However in the playlist section of the various apps it will show my synced playlists but always says “0 songs”. I have contacted several of the app developers and they say that their apps will do what I want and that it would be the device that is causing the glitch. They think it is most likely the Duo that is not delivering the playlist .wpl info correctly. Has anyone else had this issue and maybe a work around? I wish Microsoft would have an actual music app for the Duo like Groove Music etc…

I was a little surprised they did not include a basic Music/Audio player. For myself I had been searching for a basic Music player (I was not worried about any streaming or cloud capability, I have my music stored locally)

I used Google's music player briefly and have settled on Pulsar Player for now anyway. I like it's simplicity and lack of fluff. (It does one thing fairly well, it plays my music) I don't know if it will support the playlists you have but it seems like a nice player.

Cheers,
BR

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been using CloudBeats. It syncs with Onedrive so that allows me to stream when I need.

As for why they didn't include something.... I can't put my finger on it but I feel like Microsoft has been on a spotify kick for...well...forever.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
YouTube Music has replaced Google Play Music and it came preloaded. Let's not forget this is an Android device first and foremost.
I have been using CloudBeats. It syncs with Onedrive so that allows me to stream when I need.

As for why they didn't include something.... I can't put my finger on it but I feel like Microsoft has been on a spotify kick for...well...forever.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
YouTube Music has replaced Google Play Music and it came preloaded. Let's not forget this is an Android device first and foremost.

Thanks for mentioning this, I never even gave that any thought (I guess I've been wrapped in the Samsung ecosystem so for long it didn't register, I'm not used to the more pure Android experience)

Cheers,
BR

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Music & Playlists….

Thanks for mentioning this, I never even gave that any thought (I guess I've been wrapped in the Samsung ecosystem so for long it didn't register, I'm not used to the more pure Android experience)

Cheers,
BR
I'm currently using a Samsung device, and it did not have any music player app preinstalled when I got it.

For my local music files, I'm using Poweramp Pro. Most of my music files are FLAC and WAV.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

I'm currently using a Samsung device, and it did not have any music player app preinstalled when I got it.

For my local music files, I'm using Poweramp Pro. Most of my music files are FLAC and WAV.

Hmm, That's really strange, Perhaps it was the note's that always had one (I have had every generation of Note made now with the exception of the Note 20) How do you like Poweramp?

Cheers,
BR

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, That's really strange, Perhaps it was the note's that always had one (I have had every generation of Note made now with the exception of the Note 20) How do you like Poweramp?

Cheers,
BR
Perhaps that's the case with the Note line. I have the S10+.

I like Poweramp. I originally got it years ago when I used a Moto X, which did not have any inbuilt music player.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft wants you to use Spotify. To be fair, in this day and age, it's easier to stream music using Spotify and make playlists that way than to do it manually yourself. Good luck finding a player that works for you though.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft wants you to use Spotify. To be fair, in this day and age, it's easier to stream music using Spotify and make playlists that way than to do it manually yourself. Good luck finding a player that works for you though.
I use Spotify and YouTube Music for streaming, but I use Poweramp to play local music files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs