My Lumia 1520 just survived a miracle!

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Puh!
Considering that you can't get any more Lumia 1520's where I live I have been really carfull with my yellow love child, but I just had a accident of wierdest proportions, I felt I have to share it.

Its getting colder in my part of the world and since its also very late, I thought I take my smoke from the warm comfort of inside. Now I hate the smell so this is not my common practice, and since I have almost no doors in my apartment I had made the choice to enjoy the cigarette from my bathroom window.
The toilet is placed comfortable right beside the window.
Low and behold my pleasure looking at my phone and seeing a new "Ask Dan" episode, so while I tiredly smoked my cigarette and leaned a bit like I do, and started to watch some insights from Dan, the screws holding the toilet seat breaks completely off and the event that then unfolds looked like it was in slow motion. Since I was leaning I go quickly sideways, and I have to catch my self, but in saving my self, I have to drop the phone that makes a fly in the air, out my window and right down in to the asphalt. I live two stories up so now all horrors flashed before my eyes. I lost my beloved 1520, and there is still awhile to new phones! I run down to find the phone showing that the camera have been activated. I look at the phone and ... the only thing that happened is some scratches on the top of the phone that should be solved with a little sanding. I cant believe my eyes and press the back button, there Dan starts talking again and I can draw a sigh of relief. Puh, thnx Nokia, I guess there will never be a phone like Nokia phone. But man am I glad I had one now to this slightly surreal experience that seems to good to be true. I guess I find out tomorrow if I can sand the phone with success.

Thnx for reading my little everyday horror history.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
That's incredible haha. It makes my Lumia 830's little tumble to the bathroom tiles from about six feet up look like nothing. I got a scuff on the frame corner and nothing more but man Gorilla Glass 2 on your 1520 is not supposed to be able to do that.

Last edited:

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I am constantly scared something will show that it made this huge fall tough. I wonder if battery haven't suffered some, but its to early to tell.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar experience with my 925, as I was strapping my children into their car seats, I forgot my phone was on top of my SUV.

I pull out of my garage and drive half a mile before I realized where it was. When I hit the brakes, it goes sliding down my roof, down my windshield, continues sliding down my hood onto the pavement landing face down. I picked it up looked at the screen which is still intact, and worked just fine not even skipping a beat.

Nokia made some durable phones that were built tough. Hopefully Microsoft can continue that build quality of Nokia phones.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
After report from the accident: Something broke in the fall, but what it is I dont know. The phone loves to tell me battery is finished and shut down, on 82% left. Always when I do power hungry tasks, say a game or so, it dies after a min. I tried open it and checked for problems, with my limited experience. I thought to buy a new back cover and a battery, but there is only one spare part deliverer here in Sweden (mytrendyphone) but this company is beyond useless, I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to buy stuff there. So this is the end of the line for my yellow beast. I orders a 950 XL and it hurts a lot, usually don't have these money to throw around, and would have loved to keep saving instead of buying a new phone, but what can you do when your a clumpsy ***** like me. :'(

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Glad it survived but sorry to hear it got issues =(

There is one Lumia 1520 on Blocket but it's probably sold soon or already. The ones that come up for sale in Sweden goes fast and for like $250 used. I bought a new white one from Ebay 2 weeks ago for $350 as I could as well spend some extra cash to get a all new one.
4aa.jpg

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, i saw it early on when I came online. But I don't know if I should get a used phone, that can have its drawbacks alone. It's 2 days left before the XL arrives. I'm still kind of thorn what I should do. It's a lot of money, second most expensive phone I ever bought in my life.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Been living with my XL for over a month now, and wow i miss my 1520. It still holds the place as the best phone i ever had. The Mozo case at least makes it look better, but no Yellow, and ugly yellow colour scheme is really sad on the 050 XL.

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Been living with my XL for over a month now, and wow i miss my 1520. It still holds the place as the best phone i ever had. The Mozo case at least makes it look better, but no Yellow, and ugly yellow colour scheme is really sad on the 050 XL.
Same here, best phone I ever had. Reading your story is amazing. I recently went to Android and got a G4 in July (was hoping for a more appealing phone than the 950 tbh). I've had two G4's die on me out of the blue with supposed motherboard issues. Good thing I had a 925 lying around, booted it up and man this 3 year old phone feels like an upgrade.

I've decided to go back to W10 and ordered a neon 1520. It's going to be my phone till it dies or the Surface phone comes out. :)d

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Puh!
Considering that you can't get any more Lumia 1520's where I live I have been really carfull with my yellow love child, but I just had a accident of wierdest proportions, I felt I have to share it.

Its getting colder in my part of the world and since its also very late, I thought I take my smoke from the warm comfort of inside. Now I hate the smell so this is not my common practice, and since I have almost no doors in my apartment I had made the choice to enjoy the cigarette from my bathroom window.
The toilet is placed comfortable right beside the window.
Low and behold my pleasure looking at my phone and seeing a new "Ask Dan" episode, so while I tiredly smoked my cigarette and leaned a bit like I do, and started to watch some insights from Dan, the screws holding the toilet seat breaks.
Great read! :D Unfortunately I had the opposite result. My 1520 slid down from standing on its side, so average height was about two inches. It slid flat onto its face onto a wooden floor, and the screen completely shattered all around the edges. Boo! Unlucky fall or bad glass panel, I guess I'll never know.

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative on Windows Phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra