My Lumia 920 Battery Issue

colto92

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello all, My Lumia 920 is currently running DP 8.1 (Update 1). The battery on my phone has been excellent, however every few days the phone tends to heat up and the battery seems to go really fast. I am assuming some sort of process or something is running in the background. This also occured with WP 8.0. I have tried many of the usual fixes like checking sync settings on email accounts, and making sure other apps are set to not run in the background, and also soft / hard resets. After I turn the phone off and back on its normal for a few more days and then I'll notice it heat up again and drain battery like crazy. Has anyone else seen this?

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I only had my 920 heat up and discharge quickly when I first installed 8.1 DP what helped, or so I think was a full discharge then recharge over night. I dont have that issue now and get 10+ hours from moderate use :)

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully all will be fixed with cyan, if you already don't have it. I dont and am hoping that firmware fixes any lasting battery issues!

colto92

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Im hoping that this is the case as well! I am patiently awaiting the release. What gives me doubts that it may not fix the issue is that it did this with 8.0. So I am wondering what it could possibly be?

Last edited:

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Well 8.0 and the apps for that weren't necessarily "optimized" so it could very well be a rogue process. But like I said maybe try the full discharge to where your phone fully shuts off then charge it overnight for 6 or more hours. Can't hurt.

Hope that helps and may Cyan come quickly to us both! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos