Need some suggestions for the best in ear headphones !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

batiepatterson

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
Well forums you're going to learn something new about me, it's that I'm an audiophile. Yep that's my big secret.

But on a serious note, there is such a large market for guys like me who enjoy listening to music anywhere and everywhere. Because there's a time and place for every song that's ever been made. But the only problem is some headphones are gimmicks that are over priced and others are underpriced but lack everything.

So I just made this thread to ask you guys for your opinion on what I should personally get. I've had experience with Bose and Skull Candy. I'd prefer responses or links to highly customizable headphones that have excellent quality (Because I want my headphones to match my One Plus One) but all suggestions are welcome.

The only problem I see with Bose is that its an extra $50 for one button that has a mic on it but the quality is amazing.

The problems with skull candy is that its way more affordable but lacks overall quality.

EDIT: Normal Pricing Please. Nothing over $450 because that's just ridiculous and I'd personally never take it outside.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Audio-Technica ATH CKX9iS Sonic Fuel in-ear headphones.
You can find them for under a hundred bucks. They're not the most svelte headphones in the world (they're sports style) but they will most certainly stay in your ear. I never once had issues with these guys. They sound incredible and they're fantastic value. There's definitely better in-ear headphones out there but honestly I haven't found one that can match the quality of these guys for the price (although I'm not the most up-to-date person on the headphones world so maybe there's something newer and shinier and sexier or whatever). The have good punch to the low end but it doesn't drown out everything else. Good detail even in background instruments and great separation for such tiny drivers. I was always really impressed by them. Built in mic and buttons. I used them for predominantly rock but I listened to a little bit of everything on them. From Megadeth to Rush to Icon for Hire to Apocalyptica to Beastie Boys to Faith No More to Five Finger Death Punch to everything in between, these headphones did the job.

Only two issues: it's a volume slider, not a rocker, so if you're big on changing the volume using your headphones they're not great for that.
Non-removable cord. If the cord gives out (which is what eventually happened to mine) you can't replace them yourself. I believe they have a pretty decent warranty on them though.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Not sure "in ear" and "audiophile" go together. Then again not even sure if "headphones" and "audiophile" go together.

ArtistJD

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site
I noticed that the Sound Guys always have the best collection of these kind of stuff. It would be best if you check out their site.

You can also check this list of earbuds for quick options.

What you pick will depend on your budget.

Remember to first evaluate each product features further before you spend your hard earned money.

H Seldon

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I have some Shure SE535's and they sound terrific. They list at $500 but right now they are $400. They are nice and clear and have good bass. The SE846's are noticeably better but they are 1k and exceed your budget (and mine).

thuber

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have some Shure SE535's and they sound terrific. They list at $500 but right now they are $400. They are nice and clear and have good bass. The SE846's are noticeably better but they are 1k and exceed your budget (and mine).

I love my SE535's. I believe SE215s provide some of the best sound for the money. No microphone, though.

tecknotot

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I recently got the Symphonized NRG 3.0 ear buds made out of wood. They are noise-isolating and are great for canceling most outside noise but it's not the same as noise-canceling. It also has built-in mic and works amazing with my Galaxy S8+. They're only $26 on Amazon.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This thread has become a magnet for spam. The OP hasn't visited for some time, this thread is getting shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss