New build 10136 bricks my lumia 1320

congthanhgiong

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Dear all,

I restored back to win 8.1 for fast ring 10136. After having successfully upgraded to Win 10, I checked there's another update, so i gave it a go. It's been rolling and rolling for hours (at least 5 hours) without showing any progress. Rebooted, still the same.

Dont' know what to do, maybe need to roll back to win8.1 for the same process but guess what, the windowsphone recovery tool cannot detect my phone. It shows 2 options lumia or htc no matter how many time i've tried Volumn down + power or power. It reboot and then wheel rolling, howly cow.

What should I do now ?

Last edited:

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
it bricked my 1020. i had spinning cogs but the progress was not - well - progressing. then the phone rebooted, showed the Nokia logo and then the cogs started to spin again for a few seconds - restart - Nokia logo - spinnings cogs - restart .... and so on. it was like this for 2 hours before I plugged it into my PC and used WPRT to roll it back to 8.1

What happens if you select Lumia in WPRT and proceed?

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I restored back to win 8.1 for fast ring 10136. After having successfully upgraded to Win 10, I checked there's another update, so i gave it a go. It's been rolling and rolling for hours (at least 5 hours) without showing any progress. Rebooted, still the same.

Dont' know what to do, maybe need to roll back to win8.1 for the same process but guess what, the windowsphone recovery tool cannot detect my phone. It shows 2 options lumia or htc no matter how many time i've tried Volumn down + power or power. It reboot and then wheel rolling, howly cow.

What should I do now ?
Take it to the care and tell them phone is not turning on or any other nonsense reason. Dont tell them about w10 installation.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Dear all,

What should I do now ?

Try Lumia Software Recovery Tool instead of WPRT. Direct download link:
http://download-fds.webapps.microso...covery/LumiaSoftwareRecoveryToolInstaller.exe

Prudhvi Raj

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
it bricked my 1020. i had spinning cogs but the progress was not - well - progressing. then the phone rebooted, showed the Nokia logo and then the cogs started to spin again for a few seconds - restart - Nokia logo - spinnings cogs - restart .... and so on. it was like this for 2 hours before I plugged it into my PC and used WPRT to roll it back to 8.1

What happens if you select Lumia in WPRT and proceed?

the same thing happened with my lumia 620.. used WPRT to get back to 8.1.. want to update again.. i cant resist.. donno what to do..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcooke68